Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katie0801

Seeking info for my Sustainable Design Retail Project for School

katie0801
10 years ago

Hi everyone,

I just joined today because i'm lookin for some information on tree planting. I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this topic, but if you have any knowledge that could help, please leave a comment.

I am an interior design student, and i'm doing a design for a retail design experience store for a brand that makes sustainable products, where if you buy their product, they plant a tree. We have to create a store based on the new trend of the brand exerience store, a more interactive approach to retail since so many people these days can just buy online. One of my ideas was that when they make the purchase, they could somehow plant their tree in store, and be shipped out that day to its destination.

I don't know anything about this, and don't know if this would be possible. This is an actual brand that works with American Forests and Trees for the People, and I would just like to know if this would actually be possible and practical in real life, and if these companies, or another company does something like this.

I'm thinking to plant a tree in store, for it to be an experience it would have to start as a seed, because would a baby tree already need to be planted? You cant just unplant a baby tree and give it to a customer to plant, only to replant once again somewhere permantly?

Please leave your thoughts and insight!
Thanks!
Katie

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Old Dominion Kitchen Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars29 Reviews
Loudoun County's Kitchen & Bath Design Experts | Best of Houzz 3x