SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tinbucket

Small Snake

Tinbucket
9 years ago

In 1968, I was in Basic at Ft Campbell. During that time some captured two small snakes, a t different times. They put them in a butt can. that was a large coffee can painted red ,from a piece of rebar, if memory serves outside the barracks.
The first snake was dark with some patterns but not much more thickness than a horse hair. They said it was a horsehair snake.
I've seen horsehair snakes, or worms, in the woods in water on leaves etc. This wasn't one. It had a mouth and tongue and was definately a snake.
The second one was most memorable. It was patterned all over but had two long yellow white stripes along the sides of the top of the snake. In between it had elongated diamonds the same color.
The shape of its head was wider than the body and it had black eyes, as I recall. It was quite long and coiled around the inside of the can in some water. It flicked its tongue out quite a bit.
It was not as thick as a pencil lead in diameter. It was a brown glossy bronze color with a discerable but I caan';t remember, pattern other than the stripes and diamonds
To this day I have not seen a photo or description, of the snake on the net or anywhere.
Has anyone seen anything like this?

Comment

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz