Return to the Reptiles & Amphibians Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please help me to id these 3 snakes fron Nicaragua

Posted by carlosgarden (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 24, 13 at 12:48

These snakes are from Nicaragua. The pictures were taken in Ometepe Island.
There is any scientific study about snakes on the island, but we receive many tourists and I would like to know more about them. Proper id is the best way to start researching.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please help me to id these 3 snakes fron Nicaragua

picture #2

o

pic #3

o

Sorry, I don't know the common names, but:

Number 1 is Conophis lineatus. This snake comes in striped and unstriped morphs. You can barely see the stripes here, but you can see the dark marks on the side of the head typical of this species. It is mildly venomous and has a painful bite.

Number 2 is Stenorrhina freminvillei. Again there are striped and unstriped morphs of this snake, yours is obviously the striped morph.

Number 3 is The Speckled Racer (Drymobius margaritiferus).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Reptiles & Amphibians Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here