SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nashonii

Help, invaded by tree frogs

Nashonii
11 years ago

When I drained my pond last year, I rescued the tadpoles, and they thanked me by jumping on my pants legs, and climbing on my finger this spring. I thought that was cute. I enjoyed their soft purring/cooing sound last summer,(PEEPERS). But this year they are LOUD,(tree frogs)! 200 LOUD tree frogs, and one or two soft peepers, you bearly can hear.

My frogs start 'shouting' at 8:15 p.m., and yell until 12:30 p.m. All lights are out, as my husband goes to bed at 7, (he is a bus driver who has to get up at 3 a.m.) I keep things quiet so he can sleep, but I can't here the t.v. over the tree frogs! I have both peepers and common gray tree-frogs. The first year I loved them, they were soft and soothing. But this year they have gone wild! I have so many tree-frogs that I have taped them on my phone, because no one will believe how loud they are! They are NOT cute anymore.

What can I do to send the tree frogs packing, ( and hopefully keep the soothing peepers)? My husband said he already saw a snake, (fortunately I have not). Should I borrow my sons cat? They are ridiculously loud! When I got outside to stomp on the deck the close ones are around, they stop, But as I get to the door to come back inside, they start again...grrrr. Any ideas?

Comments (3)

Sponsored