Return to the Raptors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bald Eagle facts

Posted by kyler4823 (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 5, 09 at 19:13

I am looking for some specific information on bald eagles if anyone knows the answers or can point me to a resource I would greatly appreciate it.
1.) What times of day are eagles most active?
2.) When do they spend the most time flying and when do they spend the most time perched?
4.) How much teritory do eagles generally cover at a time when they are flying?
5.) How much area does a bald eagles home range generaly encompass?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bald Eagle facts

Hi Kyler,

I think these guys could help you.

http://www.aviary.org/cons/track_geagle.php

Luc

o

Research means looking into credible sources, not getting questions answered on a forum. I hope your deadline is not too near!

o

1.) What times of day are eagles most active?

Answer: they feed most often in the morning, before 11:00

2.) When do they spend the most time flying and when do they spend the most time perched?

Answer: they perch most during midday.

4.) How much teritory do eagles generally cover at a time when they are flying?

Answer: That depends on the quality of the habitat. the better the habitat, the smaller that area needed, and the less the area covered.

5.) How much area does a bald eagles home range generaly encompass?

On the MN River in Burnsville, MN, the birds rarely stray more than 2 miles form the nest. And we have two nests within a mile of each other.

T.R. Michels
TRMichels@yahoo.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Raptors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here