Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
micha2454

Help ! ID this Pesky Flying Nightmare

Micha2454
9 years ago

This image is one of the larger sized flying bugs, most are smaller, they are in my house, driving me insane. I have no idea What they are, Where they are coming from. They fly around fast, once they land, they crawl (scamper, nervously, zig zag like) very fast. Only time I've ever seen them stay in one spot is when they find their way to a glass with condensation on it, they will sit there for several seconds, then buzz off, Quickly, very quickly. It's really hard to see them actually flying around, cause they are so small and fast. They are not bashful at all, they will fly all up in your face, up your nose, in your ears, all over you, just really pestering the crap out of you. They have been in my house since mid summer. I can't even leave the windows open for a fresh draft of fresh air, now that it has cooled off, because they are small enough to go right through the mesh of the screens on my windows. I have done numerous searches on the web, trying to ID this Critter from Hell, no luck, so I thought I would try this forum, looks like a very knowledgeable group of folks here. It's like a small infestation, they just keep coming, Oh, like 12 or so at a time, I do eliminate them when they are still enough to do so. Please Help ! They are driving me Crazy ~ ! ~ FYI: I live in middle Tennessee, there is no indoor plants (dirt), no trash around, no reason at all they should be in my house, never had seen or had them in my house before, been here 15 years now... Oh, and one more thing, I can be sitting here at my PC in my office, living room where ever, and it seems like they come and go in small swarms. most of the time they're around, but there are times when you will see none at all, like right at this minute, Not a single one buzzin in my face, crawlin on my glasses, on my monitor, desk, keyboard.. Also, they attract to light, but not afraid of the dark, will land on you in the bed, trying to go to sleep, Insanity I tell you. I also have two fly strips ( yes, those nasty, gross,sticky fly strips ) hanging in my house, one mid way of house from ceiling, another I tacked across the kitchen window, it has 100's stuck to it. Help me ID this flying nightmare. Image captured with my Digital Microscope, which I bought just to see this bug in detail. Thanks In Advance for any Help. OMG ! They're Back, Gotta Go, had enough for now.....

Comments (4)