Return to the Insects Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Caterpillars, Butterflies, and Moths!

Posted by caterpillarcentral (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 6, 14 at 15:38

Hi! We raise, photograph, and observe caterpillars, butterflies, and moths in the wild. Located in northwest Indiana. Please visit our brand new blog at www.caterpillarcentral.blogspot.com! We also have an Instagram page @caterpillarcentral. Feel free to visit these sites to see some of our pictures/articles!😊

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Caterpillars, Butterflies, and Moths!

I visited your fine website.

Using the term caterpillar for the sawfly larva can lead to confusion for the average person who associates caterpillars with butterflies and moths, as indeed your website identifies its purpose.

Although the term sawfly caterpillar is in common use, the term sawfly larva is used much more often.

It is perhaps a minor point, but I am seeing a lot of unknown fly larva posted on various forums as caterpillars; there is a need for education here so that people can be searching for the proper adult forms rather than looking in the wrong areas of the Internet.

o
RE: Caterpillars, Butterflies, and Moths!

A very, very, beautiful, photo......

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Insects Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here