Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sarah0315

Help with wasps.

sarah0315
9 years ago

I live on the 3rd floor of an apartment complex. The wasps have always been here, we've learned to live with them. They have never been aggressive. They are always black. Except for today. I noticed a tapping sound on the balcony door. An aggressive tap. I believe this is a yellow jacket, but I'm not 100%. The black wasps always go into the vent on the ceiling. This wasp (the bigger one that looks like a yellow jacket) is trying to enter but doesn't fit. It's becoming angry. It's trying to go through our balcony door. Almost waiting for us to open it. We had a few close calls. Anyways hopefully someone knows a thing or two about my situation. What do I do? I have a 6 month old that likes to go out on the balcony and watch cars, but I don't want him to get stung. Did this wasp squeeze it's way out and now can't get back in? Is it trying to invade the other nice black wasps? Do different types of wasps live together but in different nests? Sorry if this is choppy, or lots of sentences. I'm on mobile. Thank you for your time.

Comments (2)