Return to the Insects Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone know how to get rid of Asian Tiger mosquitoes?

Posted by polly929 (My Page) on
Thu, Apr 3, 08 at 19:07

Hi all- I'm new to posting here and I am desperate to get rid of these mosquitoes. I live in NJ, and just moved to this house last summer- and we were held captive inside all last summer into fall. We would get attacked by them- any time of the day, and when I say attacked I mean in swarms. We did not have this problem at our last house which was 6 blocks away. We did the obvious and removed anything in our yard that would hold water. We are currently ripping out all of the ivy along the perimeter of the property, and leveling all areas where water may settle. We also called our county mosquito control, but they weren't very helpful.
Any other suggestions? Please help- We purchased this property for its spacious beautiful lot and the thought of not being able to use it is making me ill.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone know how to get rid of Asian Tiger mosquitoes?

Might try the Integrated Pest Management forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: pests

o
RE: Anyone know how to get rid of Asian Tiger mosquitoes?

You need to find out where they are hatching from. Once you find out you can treat the water with mosquito dunks, and or toss the water out. I suggest you look in the smallest of holes. They are adept at living in tree holes and even the tiniest amount of water (bottom of plant potty, dog dish - anything else which may hold even the smallest of water.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Insects Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here