SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19750828

Dead baby bluebid out on my deck

User
9 years ago

I have a lot of land. The chicadees were sucessful and while the chicadees were busy the wren was busy as was the bluebirds all seemed well. Then I noticed some obnoxious sparrows at the wrens house with a small hole as they wer about to fledge. All seemed well, woke up in the morning the wrens were gone seemingly rather suddenly, I saw nothing on the ground or anything. Then we had heavy rains this morning in the east. And there were the sparrows causing havoc with the bluebirds, They would not let the bluebirds in. Eventually they did . I had to leave got home and checked the box as I saw a sparrow fly out of it. Looked all over for eggs or babies nothing. Bluebirds had been there for about 3 weeks. So there was something in the box. Well I started thinking maybe she didn'thave babies but that was not right I have been at this for ages and did fail to check the box but it would have not made much difference. I go to sit on my deck and there I see a dead baby newborn right on the railing. As if the bird was trying to show me??? I do not know who did this perhaps the wren was mad if something happened or is it just these aggressive sparrows??? I am bogled and very mad. I feel like taking all the houses down!!. Will the blues come back or is it just not worth it??

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction