Return to the Bird Watching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New photos not posted elsewhere

Posted by kenn3d (kenn3d@charter.net) on
Thu, Nov 25, 10 at 18:21

Hi all,

We know that many of you visit other birding sites where we also regularly post. So here's a set of recent shots which have not been posted elsewhere,

Tufted Titmouse:

Cardinal:

Goldfinch:

House Finch:

Junco:

Carolina Wren:

Chickadee:

Yellow-rumped Warbler:

And some Bluebirds:

We hope you enjoy them, and Happy Thanksgiving to all our friends on Gardenweb.

Kenn

Here is a link that might be useful: Slideshow

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New photos not posted elsewhere

What a nice Thanksgiving wish with some superb pictures of some gorgeous birds. Thanks for sharing these Kenn. Your work always inspires me.

o

Thanks, Kenn, for the beautiful photos and also for confirming my ID of the yellow-rumped warbler that I saw recently. Your work inspires me also.

o

Lovely pics, Kenn, your closeups are so clear and detailed!

What other birding sites do you frequent? I like the Cornell site and sometimes visit the Mass Audubon.

o

Nice photos, makes me miss my bluebirds terribly! Carolina wrens are so cute. We don't get them here so I'll just have to enjoy yours.

o

Fantastic photos!

o

Thanks all for your comments,

terrene - we post on:

POTN (Canon - Photography on the Net)
Bluebird Nut Cafe
Feathered Friends
DPReview (Canon Talk)
...and a few others.

Kenn

Here is a link that might be useful: Slideshow

o

Yes....I recognize some of those pics from POTN and DPReview, so they have been seen elsewhere :-)

Nice pics and I envy your upclose advantage

o

Kenn

As always, your photos are outstanding. Your backyard habitat must be extensive and well-planned to attract such a wide variety of birds. How large is your 'backyard'?

Bob

o

Wow! Looks like you have the birds almost perching on the camera lens now!

o

Ha!... glaswegian - When I posted this set here, none of these photos were available on any sites other than our smugmug galleries. But since then, 2 of them were included in posts on DPReview and POTN. I generally try not to cross-post our photos, but t's nice to know that some of you are seeing our birds on some of the other sites too. We do love to share them online. :)

Bob - Our yard is a small typical suburban subdivision plot, (about 1/3rd acre). But we provide fresh water and a variety of favored foods daily to accommodate all our birds, and enjoy both watching and photographing them thruout the year. I should note that while our own property is small, our birds recognize our fences only as places to perch, and consider the whole of our community as their habitat.

Hey Rachel... nice to hear from you! We have added a new camera to our arsenal now, a Canon SX30, which is providing us with nice sharp shots and even longer reach than ever before. 840mm lets us capture even closer portraits of our birds, and we are very pleased to see their details so close up.

Thanks again to all who commented,

Kenn

Here is a link that might be useful: New Slideshow

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bird Watching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here