SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linda1270

Bird Won't Fly - Need Advice

LindaMA
9 years ago

We believe a small bird flew in to our bow window yesterday and hurt itself to the point of not being able to fly. We found it just sitting in the mulch out in front of our house beneath the window. We had also heard a bang a few hours earlier that we didn't recognize, which now we believe was the bird. I'm not sure what type of bird it is, it has a greenish gray back with a light colored chest area and a small white strip on each side of it's head.

We brought it in to the house last night to keep it safe and all it seems to do is sleep. My husband threw it up in the air and it flew around our living room awkwardly and landed on a cabinet and then fell off. A similar thing happened earlier today when my husband put it out on our deck and when he went back to check on it a half hour later, it was gone. He found it next to our house beside the deck on our driveway.

I have tried to find a Wildlife Rehab in our area but there's nothing. I've also tried emailing one that quite a way away from where we live but haven't received an answer. I'm at a loss of what to do for this bird, I do not want to see it die and I don't know what to do to help it survive.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living