Return to the Bird Watching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fledge Time

Posted by tsugajunkie (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 7, 13 at 22:14

Cardinals nested outside our kitchen window in a juniper this year. The first to fledge made its debut this week.

Looking lonely...

photo b9a56212-9fd1-4bb9-893b-732ece0e8fff.jpg

But dad was near-by...

photo e124be6a-ff7d-4d3a-80b6-ddb2aac2fab7.jpg

photo 50b94ea6-ba90-4b8d-a3b6-55a62c546b19.jpg

photo 56499abf-e23e-4f17-85ce-22175d5d12f1.jpg

Happy birding.

tj

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fledge Time

How cute!

o

Adorable! Thanks for sharing. I had a pair nest very close to the front door of our building and had a great time watching them grow and fledge.

o

The baby must have been thinking "OMG, what have I done!" Luckily, male cardinals are great dads - that second pic is so reassuring.

Claire

o

That very same cardinal is probably the one who visits my yard throughout the day to eat from the safflower feeder. Last year he would bring one of his fledglings to feed.

o

He looks like a baby duck. : ) Those pictures are cool and I learned something to boot... that cardinal dad's take care of their young.

Dax

o

Real beauty of nature, thanks for sharing.
Caelian

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bird Watching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here