Centipede

buggypoAugust 22, 2010

Hi my friend who lives in Taiwan was surprised with this centipede falling from her air duct onto her bed. Does anyone know what kind of centipede this is exactly? She just wants to make sure it's not extremely harmful. Please click on the link because I was unable to make the picture small enough for the forum to accept it.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lazy_gardens

Her best source on info would be a local university. It looks like one of the Scolopendra subspinipes (the Chinese red-headed centipede) variations.

ALL centipedes have powerful jaws and a painful bite. This species apparently is very willing to bite people.

When humans are bit, two puncture wounds are evident, and reaction to the injected venom can range from slight swelling of the immediate area to massive swelling of the affected limb. With the latter, medical attention should be sought.

Bookmark   October 19, 2010 at 9:14AM
More Discussions
what is this?
Something has just flown on my leg I have not seen...
auricz
Bug ID please
I've only recently been seeing lots of these (not the...
bendyrulz
Weird insect with many legs, what is it?
I saw this insect some time ago: https://scontent-a-vie.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/10919058_10205906926655540_7425913311943803648_n.jpg?oh=41479e9f218c5dae42981cefd42afe07&oe=556E0CA3 Can...
Placebo
Can you identify this moth?
I found a bunch of these on my small leaf clusia. Are...
jem33139
What is this creepy bug?
There are tons of them in the bush outside my sister...
rush_0
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™